I am meeting my half brother tomorrow, but I don't know what we can/should talk about?

I have had him on my friends on myspace for a while now a few months anyway, but really haven't talked much. We have the same dad, but diffrent moms. He is 21 I am 28. I know nothing about him other than he loves anytype of hunting and he likes to fish lol. I am a quiet person until I get to know you so I don't want him to feel or to think that I don't really want to talk to him because I am being to quiet and not talking. I talked to him 1 time on the phone that is cause we were planning on meeting and he was going to call me the next week to set up something and didn't. I am nervous about meeting him. We are going to the wooster fair tomorrow as we do every year and I found out he was going to be there so he will be parking cars on his horse, but wants to meet up with me later. So when we do what should I talk about? I have never met him before at all.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• ask him about his family such as wife children what he does for a living what about hunting does he like. the best way to get someone to open up and feel comfortable is having them talk about themselves. unfortunately that means you have to be the ones to ask him the questions. just think what you would ask any other stranger when you meet them. i felt this way when i got reunited with my adoptive kids. i didn't know them but i just asked what they liked, school etc. they are teens though not adults well accept one. he is 19 good luck
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• if I do that then we wont be talking lol. I am not a talker. I mean I am, but not when I don't know someone lol.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• How exciting! Everything will be ok.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I know its nervewracking but you do share a parent, thats one thing. I would ask about school for him, growing up what was he interested in in school. After school. I'm sure you'll immediately get a feeling for the kind of person he is and that will help steer you in the right direction. Hey if nothing else we all know guys and their video games, try to find some common ground there even if you only ever played super mario on the original nintendo. There are movies to talk about. One thing will lead to another. Just accept that he is family and you can be yourself and the hardest part is hello. You'll be fine. So excited for you!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010