If you're a Steelers fan, are you sad or glad that Ben Roethlisberger got suspended for 4 games?

Personally, I think they should've traded him.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 3:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• Sorry you don't like the Steelers, they've been my favorite team for 30 years but I'm beginning to dislike almost all pro-sports. Most of them are a bunch of spoiled brats who get too much money to play games. Go get a real job, I say!
    ceallaigh

Comment by ceallaigh (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have been a Steelers fan my whole life but I dont think that what he did outside of a game or NFL related event should impact his job. If my husband was accoused of something like this but never charged his job would not punish him. Yes he has made bad decisions but to suspend for games is stupid.
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 3:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Hahahah he's a joke. The guy puts his pants on the same way the rest of us do... he shouldn't get any special treatment just because he's a big NFL star. My husband's grandma knows him though (He's from Findlay, Ohio where she lives). I don't agree with the PP though. This guy is popular. Little kids look up to him. I think that the big guys of the NFL recognize that and thought he needed to have consequences for his actions. Guilty or not he was obviously doing something he shouldn't have been doing.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'm indifferent. Trading him isn't going to change what he did so I think his suspension should have been longer. But I guess to a football player 4 games is like "forever". I dunno.

And while I'm not a gung ho Steelers fan, Steelers blood runs very thick in my family. LOL!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 4:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I personally think he should have gotten more. I think they should have left the 6-game suspension intact, not reduce it to 4. To the previous poster who said the NFL shouldn't have done anything because this happened outside the NFL.....When he signed with the NFL he agreed to abide by the NFL's Code of Conduct. He did NOT do that SEVERAL TIMES. Whether we like it or not, these players are role models and when they sign w/the NFL and collect that big paycheck that role comes with it so they have to conduct themselves accordingly. IMO, Ben acts like an entitled, immature little boy. He thinks he can do and act as he pleases and has a long ways to go to grow up. Maybe his own teammates not voting him a captain will have some impact on him. Lord knows something needs to. He has proved his 'immaturity' time and time again.
    Shelley83

Answer by Shelley83 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2010