Anyone else get the inexplicable baby urge?

My husband came from a big family and wants more kids (we have 2 girls). I came from a small family and think we're just great the way we are.

Then comes a day like today, when all I can think about is baby names, being pregnant, and having another little newborn in the house. It only happens maybe two days out of the month, and makes me think it has something to do with hormones! LOL. The rest of the time I think "No way, we're done!" Haha maybe I'm just crazy. Anyone else get the same urges?

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 3:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do! Of course we are trying for number 2, but there are days when I am like NOOO way. I think I'm done NOW not after the next one LOL.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• you are very likely at a fertile part of your cycle right now!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Oooh yeah. I've got 2 girls and also said I'm done. But sometimes when I'm packing up the youngest daughters stuff it makes me sad that this time I'm packing up her stuff it isn't to save for ''the next baby'' but to get rid of. =( Tugs on the heart strings. So I think maybe....maybe another one. But then there is always something that reels me back to reality saying no, this is enough.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• all the time but my daughter won't get preggy just cuz I want another baby around. ( she is sooooo mean)
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have three girls. The last was just born in May. I am already having the debate in my head, even though I have plenty of time to decide. I feel like life is good. Baby #3 is really easy. Why complicate things? And then I think about one more child's voice here, more giggles and hugs, one more permanent friend for my kids and I'm really torn.
    I am betting, too, that if it only is a couple of days each month, there is some ovulation hormone working on you. Nature looks after itself.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think you guys are right, it definitely has something to do with ovulation...the person who's done having kids is still somewhere in my back of my mind, but she can't get a word in edgewise! Haha. It's a very strange feeling. Probably doesn't help matters that my youngest is getting ready to move to a toddler bed, so I'm imagining the crib disappearing for good. :(
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Glad to know I'm not the only one though. :) :)
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010