Birthcontrol...........

So...I am looking at getting back on birth control...my better half will be coming home from the war soon and we want to enjoy our time together before having a little one. I have been trying to decide between the Mirena and the birth control pills that allow you to only have like 3 or 4 periods a year.....any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have the Mierna- I HATE it. I HATE HATE HATE it. It makes me crabby/gain weight. I mean, I've TRIED everything to get rid of the weight I've gained it just doesn't go away. I've read/heard that it can/has caused it. :/
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My sister and sister in law hated the mirena and my sister is now one seasonale and she likes that but everyones different be sure to research all first bc some pills will allow you to actually get pregnant and wash out a fertilized egg or not let it attach
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I like my diaphragm, just an idea...
    There's no getting it out of your system in order to conceive. The hormones really make me nervous.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have not been on that particular BC but I HAVE had the mirena and I HATE HATE HATE it...passionately. It caused sex to be painful, my husband could feel it too and it was uncomfortable for him. it was next to impossible for me to loose weight on it. Mine came out on it's own as well,..and afterwards I lost 10 lbs immediately.
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 3:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have Mirena and so far it's not bad. You will spot off and on for a while, but I haven't had an actual period since it was inserted. It doesn't make me crabby, haven't noticed any weight gain, no acne problems.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Both types of b.c, can have some very serious side effects. Make sure you do your research carefully. And never put anything into your body that you don't feel right putting there.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Everyone is different when it comes to BC... I've never been on Mirena.. but the friends I do know that tried it, aren't on it anymore and i'm pretty sure most of them hated it. I'm on alesse and I haven't had any problems... but do your research on all sorts and you'll find something that best suits you and your body :)
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010