What do you think of Christian dating and how far it should go?

Where intimacy is concerned holding hands, kissing... Where should the boundary be drawn?

chtask09

Asked by chtask09 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I am not super religious, but I did have one friend who managed to wait until she was in her early 30s to marry and have sex for the first time with her husband. After a while we thought she would have slim pickings for what she was looking for based on her Christian beliefs. She did find the right guy for her and they are now happily married.

I think it is a personal choice how far you should go. If you are doing something from your own heart and beliefs, then you will follow it. If you are doing something because you think you should, then you will faulter and fail. I don't personally have any issue with pre-marital sex, but if you do then you should draw the line there. I am not sure how you distinguish a friend from a boy friend if you don't kiss... but I have known people who waited til marriage to kiss too. You decide what you feel comfortable with and when dating, be honest with your partner.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• dating rules go more by the age of those involved and their maturity, not so much by their religion. Some religions, and even Christian sects, have rules of morality but as a whole there aren't "Christian dating rules".
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think it depends if we're talking kids or adults. =) If you are asking as an adult and about children I know people (Christians) who wouldn't even allow holding hands or kissing. (The kissing thing especially in this day and age.)

I also know a Christian girl who, on her own, decided that her dating would ONLY include "family time". In other words, she would not go anywhere ALONE with him. People made fun of that idea and said she'd never find anyone like that but she did and is SO HAPPY.

So while I'm not convinced I've answered your question it might be some things to consider. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Agree with rhianna
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I really think that's a personal conviction. You have to know your own limits and boundaries and do what you feel is right in the eyes of God and not what other people think.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2010