What if America is attacked again, will the WH Staff be prepared this next time ? Link Inside

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/new-documentary-condi-rice-yelled-at-bush-on-9-11/19623348

I had mixed reactions to this. I just cannot believe how ILL prepared this all was!

clickable link coming up!

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Why wasnt SECRET SERVICE teiing him where to go?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• you mean THE CURRENT WH staff?? hahahahahaha....*siiiiiiigh*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No worries!! I am sure the teleprompter will tell BO what to do!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sweet: good question... but this will also explain why he did not leave immediately too. People complained about that. He was also being wise... they were children!
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Seriously tho... I just hope there is better prep next time.
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Ah, no it doesn't. If that were YOU..Im sure you would have the presence of mind to SMILE and say, I have to excuse myself, duty calls....and be on your way

The convo with Condi came AFTER that...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not when you are in the middle of a story.... which apparently he was. That would have alarmed the kids. Before you ask how do I know that... the photo that was taken at the time he was told.. not the one you see there. there was a bigger picture and he had the book open and was reading.
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• There is VIDEO of it...and yes, it could have been done right then without alarming the kids...they are little kids, they would have been like, OK can teh teacher finish or can we have recess or can we color or can we.......any number of things....He sat DUMB FOUNDED as our country was under attack...

The call to Condi was later..so one has nothing to do with the other. Stil, WHY would the SS approve of him going back to the WH but a phone convo with a screaming Condi was what it took for him to stay away from the WH when a PLANE WAS HEADED THERE??? The SS needs some NEW training or something

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

***

Seeing as this was the first attack of it's kind within the continental United States, the secret service was ill-prepared, and hmmmm, maybe needed to figure out the BEST way to keep the President safe?!? Intelligence was screwy, agencies were PROHIBITED from talking to one another and sharing information. NO ONE knew how many planes were involved/hijacked, so until ALL planes were grounded, it was best to keep Bush WHERE. HE. WAS!!!

Really. How many times must this be explained to you?! I have no doubt that if 9/11 happened on Gore's, Kerry's or Obama's watch, they'd be curled up in the fetal position crying for their mommies!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010