Have u tried online dating?

Have u tried online dating? Were u successful in finding a true mate? What sites did u use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Me-No. My Best Friend is on a few. okcupid.com plentyoffish.com those are free. Now she's on e-harmony. Seems to be going well. You could always try a free site before you pay. I do know somebody who met somebody off okcupid, and is happy in a relationship too.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• been trying since may it's an interesting experience no too sure if it's for me
    floss

Answer by floss at 4:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i have but they are religious sites like lds mingle so i wouldn't use this if your not lds but i met a lot of nice guys. my mother met her husband on this site although i didn't. i met mine at work. give it a try
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No, it was not available when i was dating - i'm still married for 46 years to the same wonderful man - and we did it without online dating!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I did after I divorced my ex. I put up a profile and chatted with a few guys (out of the hundreds who contacted me!), ended up going out on a date with 2 different guys, but they were both first and last dates, then I started dating my husband that I met at school.

Answer by missanc at 4:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Wow! Good for you kaysimon.

There is nothing wrong with online dating. My guess is the free sites may have more shady characters, simply because they are free, and who wants to pay to harass people : ) I met my SO on PlentyofFish, and we've been together for a year. Just be careful, no matter what site you go to, or even if you meet people in person. Good Luck!
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yeah kind of, one of my friends introduced me to one of his friends on myspace. we have been together for almost three years and married two. have one beautiful almost two year old and are trying to concieve again.
    jess102208

Answer by jess102208 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I met my SO on Craigslist. does that count?
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 9:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• That's how I met my husband. We found each other on plentyoffish one night, chatted that first night, met in person the very next night and have been together ever since and that was almost 4 years ago. You just have to be very picky on those things because there are a TON of jerks out there who will lie and misrepresent themselves in so many ways. Don't take most of them very seriously or you will be very disappointed
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 11:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have. My inbox was flooded within a couple of hours. Most just wanted to "hook up", very few were interested in having a real relationship., which is what I was looking for. I stayed on the site for a few weeks, hoping I would find someone worth talking to but I never did. As soon as I took my profile down, I met my now BF.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2010