Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Should I get another opinion? adult content

Ever since I had my 2nd child about a year and a half ago, sex has been painful. (It seems like it should be unrelated, because both my kids were born by c-section! But it's been since the last one's birth, no doubt about it.) I actually tear down there, like right at the base of the opening if you will. (Sorry, hope that's not too graphic.) Two different doctors told me I was having chronic yeast infections, and I was put on medication to take care of that. The infections stopped, but despite waiting weeks -months, actually- to allow myself to heal, the same thing is happening again. I've been checked for every STD under the sun, never had more than one partner anyway, and my husband's not overly large. Is this something I should take to yet another doctor, or am I just doomed to hate sex for the rest of my life?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Health

Answers (3)
  • absolutely get another opinion! sex should not hurt. I hope you get an answer soon. GL momma!!

    Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • yes, you should definitely get a second opinion - and if it's the same as the first opinion, go for a third - this is not normal - and something is definitely out of whack!!! do it for yourself AND your husband!!

    Answer by kaysimon132461 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • ABSOLUTELY!! I don't know what I would do if I didn't enjoy sex!!! DEFINITELY get another opinion!!!

    Answer by BradensMom1026 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.