How to take care of acid reflux?

I have SERIOUS acid reflux that's induced by severe stress and/or drastic change in diet. Recently, we lost a family member and I just got over the stomache flu. So I haven't been able to eat well for about two days, I'm so upset, I'm just belching gas and so bloated and in PAIN!!! I don't have insurance, so can't get Rx. Are there any home remedies? This happens about every two or three months; but with the stress lately, it's been consistent. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• Acid reflux is a heck of a thing to contend with .......most stomach will be soothed by regular milk, soy or otherwise......but for severe reflux milky products are a no no.......try eating crackers and funny enough drink sugar water.......we are told not to eat greasy, spicy, over or under-cooked foods. no sodas unless its ginger ale or other wise clear in color. Broil your food...red meats add to the distress......i'm fronm the caribbean so coconut water helped, eating hard crackers...n a tablespoon of vinegar after which you drink a 8oz glass oz water will help with acid build up.
    dont know if it will help you but it helped me when i couldnt go see the doc...lata oh by the way after awhile some of those over the counter stuff didnt work but you can try them......
    mstropics

Answer by mstropics at 10:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• there's the prescription strength meds OTC right now. try one of those. previcid and nexium i think are the main two right now. pepcid has worked pretty good for me as well.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008