Do you have Valley Fever? If so, how old were you when you contracted it and where did you get it at? Do you get rashes too?

I was diagnosed with VF last year in February and have heard so much about it as far as how you get it and what many of the symptoms are. I lived in Queen Creek AZ and I was 33 when I was diagnosed. I recently started a diary on hubpages at http://hubpages.com/hub/Valley-Fever-Survivor. I have a rash picture there which I believe is from my VF

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 4:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Health

• Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis), is a fungal infection caused by spores that live in Arizona’s soil. Infection occurs when a spore is inhaled after it becomes airborne by winds, construction and outdoor activities. Over two-thirds of the infections occur in Arizona, primarily Pima, Pinal and Maricopa counties. This area is known as the “Valley Fever Corridor”. Currently there is no cure for Valley Fever.
    The disease usually affects the lungs, but in some people the disease may spread to other parts of the body such as the bones, skin, joints or brain. In these cases, the disease can be very serious and may even cause death.

For more information on Valley Fever go to Valley Fever Center for Excellence (VFCE) at the University of Arizona's website www.vfce.arizona.edu
    VFCE is the only research institution in the world focused on this disease.
    This fall there are 2 awareness Walks - see VFCE site for details.
    RachelC2365

Answer by RachelC2365 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• What is Valley Fever? Sorry to lazy to google it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2010