Who here believes in 2012? And should you tell your kids?

My DH believes the world as we know it will end in 2012 and has passed his knowledge on to the kids. All are under 10. Well they came to me and asked if they were all going to die what is the point in learning stuff not needed to survive. What to say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Have your husband explain. I think he's an idiot for scaring you kids.
    No i don't believe it's going to happen.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• NO and NO
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'd tell mine that Daddy is a jackass (he-haw) and likes to tell scary stories. You will learn long division and like it.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Well, considering the world was going to end in 2000. I don't believe it. The Myans aren't too smart- They're not around anymore. :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't nothin happen in 2000 LIKE PEOPLE said it would. Not only that 2012 is the year im goin to get marry. :) And why would GOD out kids here if something bad was goin to happen in 2012?
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Whether I believe in it or not...and i don't...but why tell the children so they can panic and live what he thinks is the last few years of their lives in fear and confusion. I dont think he should be telling the children....If I only had a certain amount of time to live I dont know if I'd want to know. imagine what that could do to a child. let them live to the fullest.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Y2K all over again. He's an alarmist with radical beliefs. How completely irresponsible to tell a child that kind of nonsense.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• this again...
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 4:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• The only thing that is going to happen in 2012 is that the Mayan calandar is going to start again from the beginning. And everyone who thought the world was going to end is going to feel like an idiot. Shame on your husband for scaring your kids like that.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• OMG! My ex did the same but made them watch it on discovery channel so it seemed real 2them. I told them that its just a way that some believe & its people looking @ artifact & GUESSING what they mean. Then I asked them what they want 2be when grown up.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 4:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010