What workout routine works best for you?

I go to the gym almost everyday including the weekend. (monday off) I do 30 min. of cardio before hitting the weights. I have done spin class but SHOULD make more time for it. Tell me ladies! What do you find that works BEST for you. I still have a little around my waist that I want to get rid of & it's ALWAYS that last bit of lbs. that I am struggling with. ugh! You gotta know how frustrating it can be right!?
Oh yeah~I do eat healthy but have my day of simple indulgence too. ( ;

onespecialmom

Asked by onespecialmom at 7:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I run. I agree with runnermom60...nothing works like running. I throw in resistance training, step aerobics and kickboxing to spice things up a bit. When I can't get to the gym I do a Cathe Friedrich home workout which usually kicks my butt. I also track my caloric intake. I was really surprised by all the crap that I was eating and how those calories added up. Now, I keep track of my calories, don't deprive myself of a treat now and then and feel fabulous. If I can just start sleeping I think I would be a superstar.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My workout routine consist of riding my mountain bike 4 miles a day, which is good. Now if I can get my eating together that would be great
    LinLin616

Answer by LinLin616 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Your routine sounds excellent. Usually I've seen aerobic alternating with weights, but I teach just as you are doing with aerobic for a half hour and weights and stretches for a half hour. The important thing is to do something you really enjoy so that you won't be tempted to let it slide. If you are happy with what you do then you are all set.

Answer by Bmat at 8:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i am biking about 28miles a week, to save on gas. i also play soccer 2x a week, so that 90 minutes each game. Besides that, my workout (M, W, F ) is generally 20-30 minutes of intense cardio (heart rate to be at 160 or higher), and then I lift weights at moderate to high intensity.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• In my opinion, nothing works like running. I was overweight until I started running. Now I run and spin and do yoga and eat and drink and be merry.
    runnermom60

Answer by runnermom60 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I love to run. And I do resistance training and other cardio as well. High intensity cardio combined with weight training is what works for me. Sounds like you have a awesome routine. Good for you!
    nldeviney

Answer by nldeviney at 10:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2008