How do you feel about teen parenting?

their approach and level of responsibility

chtask09

Asked by chtask09 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• It depends on the person. If they are irresponsible, that does not necessarily change with age... I have a sister who has more children than they can handle, and can not even keep them fed and bathed- let alone the rest of the daily necessities.
    I was a teen mom, moved out on my own when I was 17 (with my daughter) and simply took care of life. No friends, no fun, just life. I had a little person to take care of, unfortunately not everyone gets that concept.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It depends on said kid we are talking about. Some I wouldn't trust to comb my hair. Some I would let adopt a hundred.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Some are better than others, just like any mother I know some adult mothers who can be out-shined by some awesome teen mothers. . If the question was do I think teens *should* be mothers I would have a different answer.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Teen moms can be fine if they have lots of support. If my daughter became a mom she would be welcome to live with me and I would help her raise my grandchild. I have taught her about safe sex and birth control and she understands NO method is 100% effective. I think she'll be a good mom when the time comes and I hope that it's not too soon, or too late!
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think they should be 100% responsible. No grandparents babysitting so they can go hang with friends. If you play,you pay. If you get pregnant before you're an adult,well then I guess the kid years are over and you don't deserve the freedom you'd have if it had not happened.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Having been one, I'm glad my teenage daughters are not and not on that path. It's such hard work and lonely too! I had some very good "helpers" that saved me from some awful mistakes, like not noticing a bad cold and overlooking dangers in the play area. I am a much better Mom than I would have been had I let my mom raise my baby (she was an addict at the time) or not had the "helpers" around to tell me what to do. I am very grateful for their watching over me.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree with bradenlsmyson it dependson said kid ....
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• depends on the kid if they are responsible then why not, i am a teen myself but some teen moms iv seen should have a dog much less a kid
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 4:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yep, depends on the individual.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Thank you to everyone that has responded to my question let me expound on why I asked: I just recently had an experience with my teen cousin, whom I was rooming with I just moved out because she would let her children cry for hours and not say or attend to the cries much of the time as though the child wasn't literally yelling to the top of his lungs. The younger childs toe is severely blistered and is eaten down the 3rd dermal layer of skin. She would just walk out of the house without saying that the children were in the livingroom; I couldn't tell if she was there or not because they cried all the time. And when she left it would be for like hours on hand throughout the day and then when she came most of the time while she WAS there she put the away to nap then leave again when she came back it was bed time Then back to sleep, I noticed the younger was placed in the baby bed and left to cry himself to sleep everytime.
    chtask09

Comment by chtask09 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010