m dd is 19 months and doesnt say that much...

well she says a lot of words. But they sound a lot alike and unless ur her mom or dad u dont know what shes saying a lot.she says beh for bird but doesnt put emphasis on the D. She doesnt put words together yet like more please.... She doesnt say refer to herself yet either. She does know everyones name that is her family... Idk she hasnt said many new words lately and hasnt joined words to make short sentences. She is however learning english spanish and sign language. Feed back plz thanks :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you need to help her more, it's your fault she cant speak
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 5:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Some kids don't talk till later. I wouldn't worry yet. If you are worried, you should talk to your doctor :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• ummm..it's not your fault. SOME kids just wait till later. I stand by it.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My son only said a few words until he was about 2 and a half and now at nearly 3 is he just getting there. He is awesome and excels in everything else though. Children develop at different rates in different things. Whereas some might walk early (like my son at 8 months) others will walk later but pick up speech quickly.

Every child is different so I wouldn't worry.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• sounds normal to me. my son at 18 months just barely started to say a couple words. now at 20 months he picks up on stuff i say so he can repeat stuff like wow and dog but he doesn't put 2 words together. he doesn't even call anybody by their name except momma and dada. he's still pretty quiet. the best thing to do is read to them and talk to them all day long. i talk to my son constantly. and i will read to him even when he's not sitting down looking at the book. there's still plenty of time for them to pick up on it
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• my fault lmao nice help i do help her she says a lot of words just isnt joining them yet. Y be so rude. Damn
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• She is doing fine. My daughter is the same age and talks the same way. She will start saying them better and better. Be patient.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My daughter was the same way at that age. Keep talking to her and have her repeat stuff she'll get there.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• dont worry about it!! My son (now 2 yrs 7 months) was in the same place, at 19 moths and within the past month or so i have noticed a dramatic difference. sure, he slowly learned more words once he hit two, but now he doesnt STOP talking lol. ive heard it helps to read to them alot too
    Lauren G.

Answer by Lauren G. at 11:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2010