Have you ever experienced AWFUL customer service?

WIth a cell phone company, at a store, with an order or whatever? What did you do about it?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 5:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• his at walmart and print. I slap the rep in the face at walmart because she didnt speak a lick of english or understood it
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 5:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes, with a fitness company that owned the gym that I went to. Kill them with kindness...it drives them crazy when you are super nice to them and they are being nasty...always ask to talk to a supervisor and keep your cool .
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have. I make a formal complaint, either in person or by phone - AND in writing to the corporate office or franchise owner - and don't return to that business. Why give them my money when they aren't doing what they are supposed to do?
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 5:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes I have. I talked to the supervisor and then filed a complaint on the BBB website. (they really dont like that)
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• can't say that i have..i work as a server and i see awful customers usually on a daily basis so my expectations of "bad service" are i guess high...you would really have to piss me off for me to talk nasty to you or complain to a manager about you...i know how it feels i get shitty attitutudes over nothing all the time
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Cheddars- hostess sat us and we waited 20 min and still no server. We left.

Beauty- He/She did not speak english huh? Maybe you should check your own grammar.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Bad customer service seems to be the norm these days. I don't ever try to get people fired, I just stop shopping there. I have recently called corporate headquarters on a national chain, but that was to get a credit to my account for merchandise that was reported missing by UPS that I was still charged for. And that was after talking to 12 people at customer service with no results.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have. Often I do nothing about it, but I have complained to a manager when needed.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes only once with a debt collector. It was from an account that was over 2 yrs old and I NEVER received anything bt as soon as I did I called to figure it out. The lady got nasty with me I told her she was being nasty and no help at all so I hung up called the company that says I owe them $$ and the lady was totally nice and said around the time my account was done that the person working didnt send out most of the notices bc I wasnt the first customer to say that I never received anything.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 3:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• BeautytheBeast - why would you care if they speak English or not, you clearly can't.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 7:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010