butt stuff.

whats the most effective kind of diaper rash ointment out there?
like @ walmart or target???

.Kelly.

Asked by .Kelly. at 7:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • I would have to say Balmex. Its what most hospitals use and its worked wonders for my son. Also if you want to find one yourself look for the one that has the most zinc oxide in it.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I like destin. Its cheap, and it works on everything. any rash put it on, and withina fewdays its gone. I like the stuff. cause i use it on me if i get anything. Its more than just a diaper rash ointment!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• without a doubt the best thing on the market is Boudreaux's Butt Paste!! It's a little pricey compared to others but it is worth the extra penny!! Takes diaper rash away almost over night and smells good too :)
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 7:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i've used desitin since Ethan was born. a few weeks ago he had a really bad diaper rash and everyone (the nurse over the phone and the pharmacist) recommend that i use Clotrimazole, 1%. it is athleets foot cream (or vaginal cream... yes same cream for all three places- i asked the pharmacist and nurse over and over and they assured me that this was correct). it really weirded me out- but it cleared up my son's TERRIBLE rash overnight. I recommend everyone have a tube of athleets foot cream lying around.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I use Boudreaux's Butt Paste on my son. I threw away every tube of Desitin I own. My son had a horrible diaper rash, and when I put Desitin on it, he SCREAMED bloody murder. I talked to a nurse who said that a lot of times the Desitin actually burns when put on bad diaper rashes. Boudreaux's is great : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• AD&D ointment........works wonders on every sigle baby i've taken care of back in my day vaseline and baby powder was the cure of the day also baking powder infused powders.......and its available most places
    mstropics

Answer by mstropics at 10:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Bourdeaux's Butt Paste. My son's rash was almost completely gone the day I used it. I won't use anything else. I buy it at Wal Mart.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Boudreaux's Butt Paste, it works wonders. Honestly I put some on after every poopy diaper, and the one and only time my son had a diaper rash was when he broke his first tooth, while having a bad cold. Also went away just as fast as it came. It is not super cheap, but just great stuff.
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the BEST.
    For the really BAD rashes that my son used to get - I also used Watkins First Aid Salve (you can only get this on-line of from special vendors) But the rash would start healing up within a few hours.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I tried several.. and I like the off brand at walmart best... Most, but not all, the off brand is the same as the name brand. Check and compare the ingredigents but make sure you get the cream kind. It absorbs into the skin better... a little info i picked up working at a pharmacy ; )

hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 1:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008