What would or do you think in this situation?

My helper at work her girls supposedly had head lice this week she was off work for Wednesday taking care of that. The day before though she had said have you ever just wanted to be so close to your husband that alls you can think about is being with him? I said yes when we have a really good weekend I do so then the next day she pulls the head lice thing. So I don't know if her girls had lice or she just wanted to be with her dh.
So she comes to works the next day and says she cut the girls hair really short so I ask her why she did that( I don't know a thing about lice except I don't want it)
So she calls the head boss & says she was really hurt by my comment and she thought that maybe I thought she was lazy.
Now, mind you I work with her I know she's lazy I am her boss & she is not pulling her weight so I already know she's lazy.
The boss tells her that she should of just told me something or cofessed it hurt her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I would just call her into the office or somewhere where you can talk to her and explain that she has to use the chain of command. You are her boss, if she has a problem she needs to see you first before going over your head... some people always think they and there problems are so important that they have to talk to the most important person in the company!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 5:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If I were going to call in sick I would never use a ice excuse..yuck.thats like calling in and saying your hemmroids are bothering you..maybe they really had lice and she is lazy lol.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• fire her
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 5:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Her dd told me when I went to school to pick up my dd that Why did you be mean to my mom and she called the real boss on you. To which the real boss said no she can't fire you but if you would of hit her or become confrontational with her you would of gotten fired.
    Would you let this bother you or what else would you have done. i just wanted to know why she cut their hair so short.
    So I confonted her and she said well you hurt my feelings and I didn't know what to say so I called the boss.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• She's really not the brightest crayon in the box and I certainly even if I had head lice never ever tell anyone that i would of just called in sick I had already told the boss the day before her crazy do you ever want to be close to your dh story so she already knew that. She is lazy I work everyday with her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It doesn't matter why she wanted the day off. People take days off just to stay in bed all day and say they had car trouble. You know that right? But maybe your question was uncalled for and HER reporting you to the big boss was uncalled for as well. She sounds overly sensitive. But i agree with your boss. Just apologize to her and let her know that you did not mean to offend her. You know, just to keep things cool at work.
    Queen2245

Answer by Queen2245 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Some people will cut their kids' hair short rather than have to treat and re-treat for lice, even if it's just a scare. Maybe you had an accusatory tone when you asked about her kids' hair? I wasn't there and tone says more than words in a conversation.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It is possible that she has more going on in her life and family that you know or need to know about. Keep your eyes and ears open and watch her. More than likely she won't be employed much longer. If you don't need to interact with her stay away for a while.
    Lola862

Answer by Lola862 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• she went over your head for questioning about cutting their hair? That seems stupid. Maybe from now on you need to be harder..tell her to bring you doctor excuses or if her girls were really out for lice the school wouldve made them bring in the box for being treated..not just cut their hair..you have to prove that you were treated before being allowed back to school..so you could ask the school to write a work excuse for her or she could show you the treatment box also
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I told her I don't know anything about lice I just wanted to know why you did it nothing more to it but I think the fact that she thinks that I think she's lazy is what is really bothering her why would she cut her hair so short if she wasn't lazy is what she is thinking.
    You kind of need to know this gal she tells it all so I don't think that Queen 2245 that is what uncalled for so to speak we talk about everything all day long. She doesn't have any morals she just talks about stuff
    So I told her next time just say something any thing like to make it easier for next time It happens or didn't know what else to do but not to go and call the boss over something so stupid and just say anything none of your business whatever
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2010