My ex's girlfriend is so insecure she hates my 5 day old baby, what do I do?

my baby was born 5 days ago and my ex(her father) has been at the house with us almost everyday just to help out and bc he cant bear to be away from his baby( its very cute)well I had serious issues with his girlfriend my whole pregnancy and now that he has been so involved with the baby she has become extremely insecure, passive-aggressivley attacking me and my daughter, saying to every1 hes only here so much bc im unstable and I need him bc i cant care for the baby, I know he is not saying this, she is trying to down our posistions in his life, Like he is stuck bc i got knocked up but he seems to be so proud to be a dad and a great one so far at that...that shes being petty and its really sad she has to hate a 5 day old baby, this angers me beyond belief....i dont know how to deal with it with out taking it out on my ex. should I just let it go it hurts that shes putting a strain on me and him finally getting along.

GabeANnenasmOm

Asked by GabeANnenasmOm at 7:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Yeah I would definitely not suggest taking out on your ex seeing as he is being such an amazing father right now. Maybe you should talk to her, or if you're close enough to him still (which it sounds like you are) you might talk to him about how his gf is making you feel. I mean, it sounds like he needs to make the decision between his child and his gf to me.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 7:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• wow well make sue you dont take it out on him anymore becuz must men wont take care of there baby after they leave them and if they have a BITCH as a new gurlfriend. Just think about him being there for ur child nd if she see's that she is getting to you then she got her way.Smile in her face(well i would) n congratz on the new baby girl!!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Don't worry about her, I'm sure anyone who has heard say those things knows she is acting like a jealous fool. Just be thankful your ex loves your baby! My ex can't stand our son, or me. So I never got to see ex happy that he became a father, because he isn't. If she keeps that crap up, he'll probably dump her anyways.
    Anonymous

• Why do u even let this little girl bother you? Tell her not to even come over. She is disrespectful and its not worth stressing over her. You just had a precious baby and you need to concentrate on her and not this dumb woman!
    Anonymous

• Her insecurity is so silly.. It's GREAT that he's there helping you out with your baby! I'd maybe even try to talk to him about this, you don't need your baby growing up around someone that is so hateful/spiteful towards them. Congrats on your newborn!

anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You will always have the upper hand. You had his child.
    Anonymous

• That is a tough one. You dont want to say anything bad about her or give an ultimatem to him to stay away if she wont shut up, because you never know how he will react. I guess on the outside the most mature thing to tell you is what someone esle already said. Just keep a smile on your face since the dad is being so good at this point, and if he keeps up the good behavior he has had with the newborn he will soon enough dump the trash. Hope things get better and congrats!!
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 7:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Well for one don't take it out on your ex. It is rare to have a man come into the picture to take care of a baby from a women he is no longer with. As far as the girlfriend explain to the ex that you don't want her around you or the baby. Tell him the episodes that have gone on so far and that you don't feel comfortable with around your little one. If I where you I would not let her be alone with the baby either. She is acting like a child right now and needs time to think about her actions and thoughts.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I would smile at her and act like she is not there. She is not worth the effort of getting angry. Your newborn has a great Daddy. He will notice how she is acting don't worry. he will dump her.
    Congrats with the baby and good Daddy
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• She is surely acting very childish and I do not see that relationship lasting if she doesnt pull her head out of her ass soon. Just dont let her around the baby alone. Your ex has every right to be there and she should support that. She cannot be mad at an innocent baby that had no choice but to be here so she needs to take a chill pill or get out of the relationship.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008