cervical position please read and help me with an answer

ok i took 4 ovulation tests the 1st day i took it, it was negative the next morning it was positive and the mornign after it was positive too and then this morning it was negative..so i know i ovulated for sure on the 9th and possibly on the 8th as well now i felt my cervix and its really high like i can barley touch it with my middle finger and it seems soft adn closed is that normal? bc i have a feeling i might kinda be pregnant *if that makes sense* im thinkin i might be possibly pregnant b4 i ovulated bc my period was funny at the very end of my period it was like implantaion bleeding or something bc it was brown blood like old blood and i had that with my last pregnancy im really confused bc i want to be pregnant but anyways back to my question whats ur cervix supposed to feel like b4 ur period, when ur pregnant and after u ovulate? help me out NO BASHIN PLEASE

cjsmom375

Asked by cjsmom375 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• im sure it felt normal, i felt mine only when i was due with my third and it was back and hard to find. did u have sex on those days?? i know when i ovulate so ive never used those test but i do know u are the most fertal 2 days a month but can get pregnant that whole week. i get pregnant fast myself, it is a possability i think that might have been implantation bleeding. hope i could help best of luck
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 5:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yea we had sex from the 5th until last night so hopefully we hit it..and im on prenatal pills plus i had a miscarriage in july and a d&c in july also got my period in aug but like i said it wasnt a normal period and idk if my d&c had somehting to do with it but it was normal at first until the end of my period when it was brown and it was never like that b4 ever when im on my period so i hope god blessed me with a baby once again
    cjsmom375

Comment by cjsmom375 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• mine was hard at 5 weeks for me so i dont know if it feels softer that means your preg. i hope you are!!! oh and those ovulation test were wrong for me. good luck girl
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If you had a D&C then the brown blood is probably from that, I bleed for awhile and get the brown blood towards the end of my period, and yes, you are right, it is old blood, its the last of the blood from your uterus to be expelled so its been shedding for however long your period is and is finally coming out. If you've never had that before it probably is from your D&C, sorry to hear about that. As for cervix positioning is should be closed and high that's normal for someone not pregnant. Realistically I can't believe you could reach your cervix. Is there any reason you were trying to feel it? Regardless of what your cervix is doing its not indicative of anything until you are about to have a baby when it needs to be soft and thinning and opening.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• HTMommy....I'm sorry hun but you are VERY misinformed about the cervix and fertility.

Checking your cervix is an EXCELLANT way to determine whether or not you are fertile. MOST women CAN feel their cervix VERY easily on most days of the month. Occationally during ovulation it is hard to reach because when you are fertile the cervix is HIGH, OPEN and WET. When you are not fertile the cervix is low, hard, and closed. Many women also experience an inbetween stage when they are transitioning from one to another.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 7:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• so whats ur cervix feel like when your pregnant?
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 4:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2010