How do you do things

Do you make more $ then hubby? Does he do more around the house or anything extra since you bring in the bacon more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think even if I was still working and I was making more money than he, most all of the household duties would still be mine.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I always made more than hubby until I had my second daughter. Hubby did no more then than he does now. One thing that was different was the amount of respect we attributed to each other. I believe my husband respected me more when I made more money and felt intimidated when I did. Now that he makes more, he feels more like a man and thinks less of me. That's been my experience anyway and I think it sucks.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• At one time I worked and hubby stayed home with the kids. He did all the housework other than dishes, laundry, and cooking. Which was fine with me. Now we've switched roles, he works and I stay home so all the household chores are mine. When I go back to work after this baby is born then we'll share....hopefully
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 7:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I spent 6 months working bringing home the bacon when my hubby didnt work at all. He did nothing all day, but feed our daughter and play video games all day. Lets just say after about three months of that shit I starting coming home pist and would rip him a new one. I would alwasy have to work a very phsical job and have to come home and clean up after him and my daughter, make dinner and so on and so forth. needless to say I got very bitter and tired of him using me. The whole time he didnt look for work until after about 5 months and I made him look for work. He was and still is a type of person who will use you if you let him. sad but true. I love him, but the only way now for me to keep him working is if im working too.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i used to bring home twice as much as the hubby did and also was in a job with alot of respect and a title. (now i am a SAHM) but we didn't do things unfairly... we split the chores pretty even.. he'd do dishes... i'd do laundry... he'd do garbage.. i'd do toilets... just worked out good....
    now that i'm home with 2 kids all day i do all the cleaning except he does dishes and takes out the garbage. i think it's a pretty fair trade.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• We actually have always based it on who works more hours. For a while I had to work overtime to get salary pay which was what my position required. He did more housework then. Right now, he pulls about an extra 10 hours a week than I do, and I do most of the housework.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Wow... some of you ladies are lucky. I work anywhere between 40 to 45 hours a week at a credit union, then I am an independent dist. for herbalife (my side business) I have dinner on the table by 6, I clean house daily, I do laundry daily, All days a week I take care of my daughter (bath, reading, playing, etc) all except M and Thurs when I coach at the herbalife club (im also a coach) The only thing my husband is REQUIRED TO DO is take out the trash and feed the dog. I sleep in one day a week (Sunday when he gets up with our two year old)
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 12:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I don't think household chores should depend on how much the other makes. I think it should depend on how hard each other works. When I worked outside the home, I still did the majority of the work around the house even though we earned basically the same. DH's job was very time consuming and stressful and lots of overtime. I wasn't going to nag him about putting away laundry when he was getting up at 3am to answer his cell phone for work and going on 2-3 hours of sleep a night.
    Iheartsushi

Answer by Iheartsushi at 12:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I GET SO MAD!! He makes $2 lousy dollars more an hour than I do...works nights, as a Life Skils Assistant (for the metally handicapped)....anyway, he get to rest, watch TV....just like he's home...I work from 4am til 2pm...I get home and he expects me to do ALL the cooking, cleaning, homework with the kids, baths, bed....did I mention I am also a full time college student? He is seriously pissing me off....thanks for letting me vent.....my answer is no, he doesn't do ANYTHING he doesn't HAVE to!
    Anonymous