potty training little boy??

Ive tried all i can think of. Every 10 mins going to the potty. Putting toys in the potty to pee on, bribes of candy or a new toy, he just waits til we leave the bathroom and then pees or poos in the floor. Then he comes and says " mommy clean floor i pee"

tiffany0317

Asked by tiffany0317 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my son... I put him in undies and loaded him with fluids and every 10 minutes we went to the potty... the first time he went potty on the toilet there was a huge deal made of it and he got some candy (which he never gets otherwise)... he was pretty pleased with himself! The first day was the worst.... 6 in his pants and 2 on the potty... but by the second day he caught on.
    But I think you also have to wait until they show some interest... if he's not interested in going potty on the toilet I think it's not going to work very well. I know with my son, he had days where he's not even planning on trying so we don't force the issue.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• don't pressure the little guy too much. you sound like you're doing a great job. he'll learn at his own pace. he probably already knows what to do, but might be a little overwhelmed by the pressure. he'll do it when he's ready. i stayed on top of my daughter for the longest time to try to potty train her. but she got it down & let me know she wanted to potty when i eased off the training. good luck mama! i'm sure he'll learn soon!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 5:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think patience and no pressure. My son just decided to start using the toilet when he turned 2...he had to use the toilet though like his dad. The only time he had accidents was when he had his clothes on as he didn't register at first that clothes didn't mean he had a diaper on. He soon cottoned on and is even dry at night now at nearly 3.

I never pressured him and he did have a little phase of wanting to pee in other things besides the toilet..like cups..but I just rode it and he got over it.

He might be very close to being ready but there has to be the social/emotional readiness to want to do it too..and he might not want to just yet.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I haven't even begun to train my little boy....BUT.....If I were you, I'd put the pull ups back on and revisit it again in a few weeks.....I don't think my mental health could take that....lol
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Wait longer and pressure less is all I can suggest from experience. My guy refuses to spend any time sitting, but LOVES to stand since Daddy taught him. He's just over 3.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• ive tried letting dad do it to and he wont have that either. but waking up to a pile of poo every day is a bit to much.
    tiffany0317

Comment by tiffany0317 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• patience and praise,never pushed it by2 he was on the toilet got luckey i guies hes 4 now and buttoning and zipping still not good at wipping but hel get it
    charles289

Answer by charles289 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010