What is one thing you gave up in exchange for having a family that you really miss sometimes?

I'm still pregnant, and already, I'm realizing how wonderful it was to just be able to sit down and read for a while...it's not even because I have to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes (exaggeration, yes!), but it's also because my DH needs something sometimes.

DereksBabyMomma

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 5:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I miss my slammin body....lol

But really when that baby gets here....you wont care what you are missing...it is replaced by the love and admiration of your baby :)

By the way, what do you mean your dh needs something? Is he missing legs or what?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• lol sometimes he gets busy doing something i've asked him to do, and needs something else, but can't get it....(like the other day, he was cleaning the gutters out, and needed a new trash bag) stuff like that. he does everything i ask him, usually right when i ask him lol...he knows he'll get in trouble if he doesn't!
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I can only pick one thing?! Haha. :) :) No, really, I gave up a lot of things and I miss them all. But the biggest thing I probably miss is spontaneity and travel. That's the one that still gets to me: I often wish hubby and I could pick up and go somewhere for 2 days on a whim just because we found cheap airline tickets, that kind of thing. But it's much more difficult now that we have 2 toddlers. Spontaneous for us is deciding to go for a walk after dinner! LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Money and my body. I miss having money, not that I was rich before, but children are spendy : ) I miss my tummy that didn't look like a deflated balloon, and I miss my perky boobs, that also did not look like deflated balloons. I would never change having my babies for anything though!
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I miss perky boobs, money, time to my self, peeing alone, and being able to leave when I want to.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• OH .. My NAPS.. I could take 3 or 4 mini ones a day on the weekends if I wanted.. awh.. naps...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Travelling, living in Hawaii
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• oh yea, my boobs..I always thought they were too small, but I sould love to have them back now
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I miss being really tiny....and miss knowing what it's like to sleep all day if I wanted to !!
    londonsmommy27

Answer by londonsmommy27 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Going out more than once a week, dating, my boobs, spontaneous travel, being able to work.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010