This is my first time so not sure what to do for ballet mommys

My DD starts Thursday and I am not sure if I am supose to have her in her class outfit when we bring her or do we put it in a bag and they change there? They didn't show us all around, but showed us where we will stay why they practice and where her class will be and I didn't see nowhere that they get dressed at.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I always had my girls dressed before we went to class. Bring the shoes in a bag and just slip those on when you get there.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 5:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• All 3 of my daughters take ballet ... the studio where we go has dressing rooms, but my girls wear their leotards to and from practice, it's much easier that way.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 5:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• what do you do about colder days and them wearing them to the studio???
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They should go it their leotards to class. If it's cold put a sweat suit over the outfit or some other easy off outfit, that way they only have to slip on their shoes and go.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I dress my dd in everything but her shoes and change her shoes when we get there. They have dressing rooms though...most places do....sort of a necessity for a studio. I just have her a small bag to keep her shoes in :)

But on cold days I plan on putting a coat and maybe some loose pants over the top. Her brother has some break away pants...like the kind that button down the side for b ball....so I thought about trying those.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am an adavanced pointe dancer, and my daughters will start soon! When they go, they need to be ready completely except for shoes, and in the winter, i is common sence to put sweat pants and a hoodie over then so that when they take that off they are ready! ALL dance studios sell them!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010