meal ideas

Im looking for some new easy homemade meal ideas whether it be for breakfast lunch or dinner. Im geting tired of making the same old stuff and just need some new fresh ideas. I have noticed that some of the best foods i have made came from homemade family and friends' recipes not a cookbook.

bradymoma86

Asked by bradymoma86 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I got a kick butt one from a lady on here. I changed it a little though. Buttered Beef. 2lbs beef stew meat / 1 can beef broth / 1 packet onion soup mix / 1 stick butter (cubed). Brown the beef in a skillet. Then put it in a crock pot with the beef broth, onion soup mix packet, and cubed butter. Mix it well. Then place the lid over it and let it cook on low for 6 hours. Take out some of the sauce when the six hours is up. Then make a roux (flour/ butter mix). Get the roux to a nutty brown color and add the sauce that you took out in slowly. Mix until smooth. Add it to the crock pot and stir it around. Place the lid back on and let it cook for another few minutes until the sauce is thick. Serve with either rice, wide egg noodles, or mashed potatoes. My family likes it with rice.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Here are some of my family's favorites. Send me a message if you would like any recipes:
    minestrone soup, salad, tomato mozzarella and basil sandwiches
    General Tsao’s tofu
    stuffed peppers
    vegetable stew with dumplings
    sweet potato and black bean burritos
    home made pizza from the freezer
    lentil soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
    lentil sloppy joes
    Mushroom lasagna
    Spinach and tofu curry
    breakfast: oatmeal pancakes and fruit salad
    bean and vegetable sloppy joes
    southwest falafel
    Halloween black and orange quesadillas
    black bean soup, quesadillas, avocado salad
    lentil tacos
    mushroom stroganoff
    stirfry
    Mediterranean stew
    pot pie
    not crab cakes, tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potato “fries”
    peanut noodles
    tamale bean pie
    Mexican bean and pasta bake

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010