Potty Training Boys

How do you know when your little guy is ready to start potty training? Where do you start? My son is not talking a whole lot, but understands everything we say! He takes his diaper off if he is not wearing pants.

snugglybuggly

Asked by snugglybuggly at 5:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The first one I started at age 2, it was to soon, the second I started at 3 and it took no time at all.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 7:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• there is no magic age when to start,,my oldest was ready an trained by 18 mons but my youngest wasnt ready til he was 3..my nephew was trained til he was 5..
    but when he starts taking off his diaper thats a beggining sign..
    what u can do is start letting him run round naked as long as u can,,it will help with the process..also the privacy tent is a nother good trick i just started with my lil one..just put up a tent an put the potty in it..tell him its called the privacy tent so when he needs to go..just step inside..thats how the super hero's do it..an a lil reward each time wont hurt any..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Dont push the issue. I tryed pushing my son at 18m and got nowhere. Hes niw 4 and we are still fighting it.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• sounds like he's ready now. let him go in restroom with his dad to see how its done.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:32 AM on Sep. 11, 2010