Is Kitchen Ceiling Paint Different Than Regular Ceiling Paint?

I ahave heard it is different and I need to do touch up in the kitchen where my paint brush hit the ceiling. I don't want to have to do the whole ceiling in the kitchen to match. I have done it before and it was really not my thing...
I have "ceiling paint." Will that work and blend into the rest?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 6:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yes it is....kitchen ceiling paint is more durable most of the time, and stands up to heat/oil (from cooking) better than other ceiling paint. my parents remodelled their house, and found out the difference really quickly!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 6:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Slightly off-topic: If you haven't painted the ceiling recently, don't expect to be able to just touch it up--kitchen grease, smoke, etc. causes major discoloration in a very short period of time.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• There is no way that you'll be able to just "touch up" the kitchen ceiling without having to do the entire thing as white paint in a kitchen doesn't remain the original color after time. And ANY kitchen paint, ceiling, walls, etc is more durable with a satin or semi-gloss finish to help it clean up easier.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010