Republican Senator Voinovich offers 60th vote for small-business bill

Voinovich told Lori Montgomery of the Washington Post that he will no longer support Republican efforts to delay the bill in the Senate. "We don't have time for messaging," he said. "We don't have time anymore. This country is really hurting

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Lori, so your saying the ONLY reason the OTHERS are being OBSTRUCTIONISTS is so they can GET RE-ELECTED...and thats OK with you? PATHETIC

He is ADMITTING they are NOT interested in helping the COUNTRY only HELPING themselves get re-elected

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• He is ADMITTING they are NOT interested in helping the COUNTRY only HELPING themselves get re-elected
    Because they know what their constiuents want... Doing what their constiuents want gets them re-elected. I thought you knew how the system worked???

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Tell that to the teachers and firefighters that t to keep their jobs Tell that to the 95% of Americans that got a tax break from stimulus.
    Their jobs will be gone next year when Congress doesn't vote to put out more stimulus money.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Hello....small business owner here............ummm I am also one of those evil rich people that is about to get screwed with tax increases. The "bailout" giving me "big" deductions is a SCAM...........a SCAM...........a SCAM. They are offering me a deduction to expand..who can expand in this economy? Who wants to expand with the big taxes coming? It is a SCAM they are hoping the idiots will fall for. Based on the some of the answers I would say the idiots are falling for it......hook, line and sinker.

FYI, we had no teacher jobs saved here (we lost 50 instead) and our local police, fire and sheriff departments have been cut by more than 20%.

If BO wants to help small business he should give them what they actually need.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Unfortunately the people vote against their own interests because they are not informed. I am sure most people would like this bill. Most people are only seeing that things aren't getting fixed fast enough, they don't even know that the party in power is being stalled at every turn by the party not in power.

***
    Well, since Obama's Stimulus bills have proven to be FAILURES, why not redirect some of the billions that were originally slated to go to useless projects and put it towards THIS bill...you know if it's the solution to the problem and all?! \

All I see is an attempt by Democrats to rush this bill to the floor as an "ace up their sleeve" moment CONVENIENTLY to keep it fresh in the minds of voters!! Typical Democratic behavior. But you know what? Americans will NOT be fooled again.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They have been trying to get this bill passed for longer then 2 weeks.

***

Ummmmm....not quite..Reid first pulled the bill from the floor on July 29th!

"Mr. Obama and the Democrats had only themselves to blame for the delay in acting on the small-business measure, because they had repeatedly pulled it off the floor and had also denied Republicans an opportunity to offer amendments. “If the president wants to criticize someone for slowing it down, he should point the finger at his own party for repeatedly taking it off the floor,” Mr. McConnell said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/us/politics/22cong.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Their jobs will be gone next year when Congress doesn't vote to put out more stimulus money.

***
    Yep, and those who voted for it, or bought the lies of the Democrats and voted for them will have only themselves to blame...AGAIN!! Why is it Democrats NEVER look past the next election date when proposing or voting on spending bills?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• What he cares about now is what is going to help the American people, politics aside.

I have a small business.

We have dealings with Bass Pro, Cabela's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Kmart, Walmart, etc.,.

Mr. Obama is an idiot and wouldn't REALLY help small businesses to save his life.

He's not gonna help you, me, or small businesses.

Sorry, would be nice, ain't gonna happen.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• mommom, your question was about the small business BAILOUT wasn't it.........or did you forget what you asked?

You must need a reading comprehension lesson or something because I provided you with AMPLE proof of how many businesses will be hurt the other day. I suppose the IRS isn't good enough????? LOL

How pray tell will hiring more people give me more profit? Of course the tax breaks expiring aren't going to effect me needing more people! What they will effect is whether or not I can afford to hire them and what I will pay them. Are you really this dense or are you just pranking around?

Why don't you run a business...meet a few payrolls...cry when you write the tax checks.....and then come back and chat.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• And this would be why!!! (You left this part out of your post!)

"Meanwhile, unlike the majority of his colleagues, Voinovich isn't running any political risks by siding with Democrats — he retires in January."

He doesn't care anymore, and was liekly a RINO.  I would look up his record, but since he's retiring , it no longer matters.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010