My 2 1/2 dd and constipation...please help

My dd Sarah is 2 1/2, is lactose intlorant. (sp) Has to drink lactaid milk, and has to have lactose free cheese. Anyhow, She started not going #2. Started in March, and still has a problem going. We give her mirlax every day, suppitories, and enemas if needed. She doesn't eat much due to her some of the meds she is on. I dont understand how she cant go like a normal kid. She sees a gi specialist at a childrens hosp next month. Do you have any suggestions on how to get her to go?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was going to say Miralax but I didn't know there were so many issues already. :( I'm sorry you guys are going through this! The only thing I can think is, is she in pain or uncomfortable when she goes? Maybe she's also holding it in because of discomfort?
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• More fiber (fits/veggies) and water might help.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yay!! A childrens hospital mom! I was going thru da same prob when my sons HgB was under 12 n he was taking iron (ugh, aside from all his other meds)
    I would try foods like sweet potato (u can mix it w whatever u would w carrots, ex chicken, squash); make his oatmeal w prunes n apples n blend it; that's all I can think of now (we're waiting at CHLA for r next appt).
    Look for foods rich in fiber. I hope ur LO gets better soon!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sorry, I meant her oatmeal not his.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• will she eat brown rice? raisins? will she eat a salad? my boys at that age would eat red leaf lettuce, and red swiss chard and purple kale, because it was colorful. will she eat beans? they come in white, dark red, and black, and the black eyed peas are pretty fun too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My daughter is very similar.....get her to drink more straight water and some herbal teas can make it easier to go.
    guardwife10

Answer by guardwife10 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010