WHo is more disgusting, Pastor Jones or West Boro? Hate Band wagon...

Westboro Baptist Church, the small Topeka, Kan., church that pickets funerals of American soldiers to spread its message that God is punishing the country for being tolerant of homosexuals, has vowed to hold a Quran burning if Gainesville's Dove World Outreach Center calls its off.

"WBC burned the Koran once – and if you sissy brats of Doomed america bully Terry Jones and the Dove World Outreach Center until they change their plans to burn that blasphemous tripe called the Koran, then WBC will burn it (again), to clearly show you some things," the church announced in a news release this week.

And Jones in the last day has indicated some reluctance to burn the Muslim holy book.

The Canadian Press reported Thursday that in an interview with a Canadian radio station, Jones said the church was considering calling it off.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Westboro is worse, hands down. They spread hate at soldier's funerals.

If you had to choose one or the other I'd take funeral protest over trying to get soldiers killed. Really, they are one and the same. That's why Westboro is jumping on the Pastard*'s bandwagon and threatening their own Quran buring.

*TM someone who posted it earlier on fb today and seems the perfect description for this guy without giving him any more net hits by using his real name.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Um, they both suck.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Neither is *more* disgusting that the other... Though I can say with all honesty that I would throughly enjoy some one on one with the WBC ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They are both horrible but it sounds like the westboro is worse since they picky soldiers funerals and they'll burn the book if the other church doesn't. Why is the nation full of nut cases!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They will both have to deal with their issues come Judgement Day. Neither is better than the other.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Westboro
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Westboro...their disgusting acts are one after another, and have been going on for years.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am a military wife so I have to pick Westboro.

I have a copy of the Quran. I have no plans to burn it. 1. I am not done with it yet! 2. There is a creep factor to burning a "holy" book even if it isn't your own faith.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Both, but if I had to pick, I'd say Westboro.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010