Perm problems..

Back in August I got a perm done.. I had the small curls done.. Well I've done everything your supposed to do, like use a pic instead of a brush, I even crunched my hair while I dry it, but everyday it seems that my curls are going away.. What kind of hair product should I use to keep my curls??

AirforceWife654

Asked by AirforceWife654 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• There isn't anything you can do to keep the curls. Here are a few things my clients do to make the perm last longer
    1) Use a good quality shampoo made for curls
    2) don't wash your hair with steaming hot water
    3) Getting it trimmed seems to perk it up

A few reasons why it isn't staying
    1) if the cuticle is stripped curl doesn't last as long
    2) hair is dry and damaged(back to using quality product)
    3)Try a different perm formula next time, tell your stylist your issue
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Your perm could be coming out for any number of reasons.. from the type of perm you got, to the products you use now, to a over processed hair.

If your hair is overly dry or damaged it's less likely to hold a curl because your hair will become less elastic, and the less elastic, the less likely it is to spring back into the curl formation the perm created. Try protien treatments and good professional shampoos and conditioners.
    Also your hair length could play a role in this. If you are growing your hair out it, the weight of the hair will pull down on the curls, causing them to loose some of their curl, so a trim is a good idea. If you are using too much mouse this could also be weighing down the curls. In cases like this less is more.
    Also try a defuser nozzle with your blow dryer and blow dry until slightly damp. It can help lock in the curls better sometimes.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Oh yeah, don't use mousse!! It's high in alcohol and dries out the hair, use a curl defining cream instead.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i bet your hair is just over processed... take care of them as much as possible and then just leave them alone for a while get some treatments to get your hair healther and then reperm it
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010