9 weeks pregnant and spotting :( should I be concerned?

This is my 2nd pregnancy and I spotted once VERY lightly early last week. Today, I noticed again a light spotting after using the bathroom. It isn't continuous, but I am concerned that something may be wrong. I feel fine, good energy, no physical pain, etc. However, the spotting is scaring me. Please let me know your thoughts if you have experience in this area.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• have you had sex recently? sex can cause some spotting and a little spotting early in pregnancy is not abnormal from my experiences.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 6:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yea I also would spot after sex but I have had spotting that led to mc multiple times started brown then pink the red heavy w clotsw back pain and cramps id say if it isn't a lot and you're not in pain you're probably just fine mine would go bad quick within a day if you want to go to the er they can check your cervix and tell u if its open if shut they'll assume you're good and most of the time they'll give you an us to be safe id put youself on peliv rest and see if that helps
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Check with your OB. I've had spotting a lot with this pg (i'm 8 weeks), and quite a bit with my daughter. A quick u/s never hurts, plus it can allay your fears and a not-anxious mama is a good thing!
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 9:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010