My Sister's Opinion Of Islam... adult content

... She's a US soldier stationed in Afghanistan ATM, and called this afternoon discussing WBC and TJ- Her opinion regarding the Proposed Qu'ran burning was this...

"We're the ones stuck over here dealing with the backlash. Hell, most Muslims are fucking pissed, but they're not violent- Just angry like I get when I see a flag or a bible burning. What the hell is wrong with people? It wasn't your average Muslim who attacked us, it was fucking terrorists. Why does no one see the difference?"

She's been stationed there for 19 months, this is her 3rd deployment... Why is it that she, despite the direct danger she is in, has more clarity than most of the people here in the US?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 6:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sad,isn't it?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think more people think like that than not. Most people aren't out there burning religious texts.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't know. You'd think it would be common sense.....
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• BTW- I actually did edit that a bit, she swears like a sailor!
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Maybe her clarity is from seeing the information first-hand?

Sad to say, but the US has a lot of armchair quarterbacks (or armchair generals, as the case may be.)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am in agreement with your sister,Obby.I am so sorry she and the others have to put up with the backlash ---the military and people who have been a family member in military get it. As a former USAF wife,I get what she is saying.
    This is why I get so pissed at people who ,like the idiot preacher in Florida, decide to hate all Muslims and think Islam is bent on murder.So so ignorant . And then our military has to deal with the results of their hate and prejudice.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree with your sister! I hope she and all of the other soldiers stay safe!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I see the difference because my neighbor was a muslim when I lived in Arizona her family gave me food when the power company shut off our power on accident. Many people have helped me and I have helped many people does it matter in the end to me no. Shame on you if you cannot tell the difference between a terrorist and a regular human.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• why does she have more clarity? because ''She's been stationed there for 19 months, this is her 3rd deployment.''
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I plead the 5th
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 7:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010