My precious daughter talks too much. :(

We are a blended family...my daughter, I hate to even say talks alot. Do you have a child that just talks alot about everything and even interrupts conversations. In the car, at home, we don't have a quite moment in the car wherever we go.....I love her :) She is cute though and very sweet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I guess the bright side is maybe she will feel very open to talk to you about anything! ha.She is getting older & will be in her teens soon right? I know a lot of moms who would say it's like pulling teeth to get their kids to talk about anything. If I had something to say I would first start out by telling my daughter that I have something to say & would appreciate it if she would just listen until I am finished. If she continued to disrespect this request then try interrupting her everytime she starts a conversation to make your statements "seem" more important then hers. After you get her attention by doing this, I would then ask her if she understands how you feel when she does this to you or ANYONE else for that matter. GOOD LUCK!! ( :
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 8:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am not sure if you have a question. I know that i grew up in a house were we talked all the time. We have conversations that start one way and go in a totally different direction, only to come back to the original subject. My DH did not grow up this way.

Now we have the same thing with my family. I guess the only time it really is a problem is when DH and I are trying to have a conversation and our children constantly interrupt.

I think it is good that she talks to you and if I were you I would keep it that way. You always want your children comfortable to talk to you.

You could always get a journal for her and have her write her thoughts down.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It sounds like she is still pretty young if she is talking that openly with you and im sure in time she will learn what is socially appropriate when communicating (ie dont interrupt) i have to agree with the first mom who said it could be a plus in the long run
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i sure hope you ladies are right about it may be a good thing. and my eyes are opened at the fact that i might talk too much too!!!lol but it can still be annoying, but mostly to me and my hubby when we are tired.
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 11:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My daughter is almost 10 and she never stops talking. She has no tact either. She tells complete strangers things that they don't need to know. She also interupts all the time. It's like she can't hear that we are already talking. I have even said to her, we are talking, and she just keeps right on talking, right over me. It gets very irritating.
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 4:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2008