Spin off question about the Shape Ups shoes: Are there any shoes like those that are not really expensive?

I saw the Sketchers kind at our local shoe store and the cheapest pair they had (which was on sale) was like $65. Do any other brands make the same kind of shoe for less? Everyone I've talked to says they are SO comfortable, and I was curious about them, since I need a new pair of shoes anyway.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Payless Shoes has them by Champion - Pace Fitness Athletic for $39.99 very comfortable too. I have plantar fasctitis and it works great.

Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Every brand has their own shape up shoe now. Just look around, you'll find something!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Mine made me dizzy when I tried them on.. I heard they're good for me. As for others I think Shopko or Kmart had them for cheaper. Like $19.99. I hope you find what fits your budget and what is right for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My mom said she found some at wal-mart not to long ago and she did not even realize they were their brand of the shape ups until she tried walking in them but she said she got them for around 35 bucks i believe.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I got Target for $28.00

WalMart has some now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I won't get the Shape-Ups; they look like the shoes that people with club foot wear. I'll spend the $100 to get the Reebok Balance Ball shoes; at least those ones look normal.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 7:23 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I paid almost a $100 for mine-and they were on sale. I only spent that much cuz I needed walking shoes and my sister has 4 pairs of them-she wouldn't do that if they're not good. That's all she wears.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Honestly after what I read about them they aren't much different from regular shoes and in order to see any major results it's in exercise, not just regular every day walking. The few benefits to it, is proper posture, but you can be affordable posture correcting shoes for a lot cheaper than these brands.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• One of the reasons I was looking into these is because I have really a really bad case of tarsal tunnel syndrome (carpal tunnel for your feet, only IMO it hurts more and cramps worse, but that's just my case). I can't wear many types of sneakers or any kind of shoe like that, but where those are shaped different, I thought I would give them a shot and see if that makes any difference. I'm not really interested in the posture and potential "shaping" because I walk a lot any way. I just need something that's really comfortable.

Thanks for all the answers ladies! I will definitely start checking KMart and Wal Mart and Target.com (we don't have a Target anywhere nearby unfortunately), and any other store that sells shoes that I happen to go to.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010