How to keep French Tips from Yellowing?

About a week after I get my nails done my tips take on a yellowish cast, even though I ask the lady who does my nails to put on a non-yellowing top coat. (I have acrylics). Do you know of a top coat I could put on at home that will prevent this? I've looked at Target and CVS, neither place carries anything that says it prevent yellowing.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 7:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I get a gel top coat to prevent any yellowing and to keep it super shiny. It does costs extra, I pay $5 for them to apply and they dry it under ultraviolet lights for a few minutes. They stay super shiny until I go refill.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Stay away from formeldahyde clear coats and try a pinkish toned clear coat in favor of straight clear and try to get a white french tip with a softer pinkish tone as well.
    Keep hands washed daily.. aside from that you can have them bleached at your salon between reapplication of acrylics.

(if you are a smoker, then try washing hands more frequently right after smoking to avoid such stains).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• usualy they yellow from your manicurist putting acrilic fill on a fiberglass exsisting nail and also tanning will do it smoking too!!!
    Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• get gel nails they dont yellow at all!!! the acrylic always yellows because of the chemicals in the top coat. gel nails also last longer
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010