how can I get weight off of my 11 year old

my son is over weight does anyone have and suggestions

one-is-enough

Asked by one-is-enough at 8:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Football or Tennis!!
    My son was about 11 when he was gaining weight. Football cured that and he stayed slim after!! It got him very active!!
    twinduch

Answer by twinduch at 8:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Skateboarding is helping my chubby 11 yr old! Also I switched him to all sugar free drinks except for 2% milk, he doesn't drink any calories anymore. I like the generic crystal light kool-aid stuff you get at wal-mart. The kids really like them.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Why don't you try a family activity, like a walk after dinner. You can also keep only healthy snacks around the house. Switch to 2% milk for his cereal....cook healthier alternatives to his favorite foods.
    Iheartsushi

Answer by Iheartsushi at 12:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Food intake is everything -live by the golden rule: If god didn't make it, don't eat it" - cut out processed foods - everything!!! stick to fresh fruits and veggies, healthy food!!! SO many parents  their kids so much processed foods and don't realize how bad they are. Processed Sugars, and those so called Sugar Free products - are the worst thing you can do. If it is sugar free, that means it is loaded with artificial sweeteners - these are even worse for the body. If your child loves juice, then buy the Welches 100% juice in the freezer section - these are the most economical and healthy.

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2008