What is the list of chores you have for your 10 year old?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 7:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My 10yo is "supposed" to keep her toys, books and clothes picked up, bed made, clean up any mess she makes in any room of the house (including sweeping the kitchen, scrubbing counters when she makes her breakfast/lunch), helping carry in groceries, help take out the trash/recycling, help with yard work, unload the dishwasher when asked.
    Up until we moved here last month she was also responsible for doing her own laundry (start to finish). Now her new chore is cleaning the kids' bathroom. I'm still teaching her. I'll also teach my 9yo son and 8yo daughter and they will take turns. They all have the same chores. And my 4yo has all the same chores except she didn't wash/dry her own clothes (she had to fold and put them away, though) and won't clean the bathroom until she is older.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Amelie is 8. She puts the groceries away when I bring them home.
    Ujana is 9. She dusts, vacuums, and sweeps our apartment each day.
    Ramla is 10. She sets the table for dinner each night and clears after each meal.
    Mariella is 13. She babysits her younger sisters after school when I am at work and starts dinner.

All of my daughters make their beds, do their homework, clean up after themselves, help with the laundry, and help with the cooking.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 7:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• clean thier own room,trash,bathroom an putting up their own clothes,sweeping all the floors

i dont let anyone mop or do dishes in my house..i hate the way they mop an wash..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• When my dd was 10 (now she's 12), she set the table for whatever meal she was home for, kept her room clean, vacuumed throw rugs, steps, her room, made her own lunch unless it was taking something hot then I helped her, fed our dog, cleaned the cat litter every day, empty the dishwasher.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 3:42 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ya they don't always do a very good job or it turns into a fight to get them to do it
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:25 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• DD is only 3 but in my opinion her chore list with be as follows when she is around that age

clean room, clean her bathroom, setting table, clearing table, putting dishes away, dusting, vacuuming.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Stubborn.....
    Well his "Chore" is to take the dirty clothes baskets to the laundry room.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2010