• In the Spotlight:

What do you think about preteen/teen boys having posters of scantily clad women on thier bedroom walls?

Appropriate or not?
Okay or not?
Does yours or not?
Two years ago, my sons uncle (on his fathers side) bought my son a calander full of half naked women(they were in bikinis)...mind you ...two years ago he was only 8 years old! I took it and put it up and told him he can have it when he was old enough.
Now, you know....this child forgets EVERYTHING else in the world..but this kid remembers this.Of course.
He's been asking for it.He's TEN!! I just don't think he needs that stuff up on his walls? Am I just being a prude about this? Should I lighten up and just give it to him? His father thinks so.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 7:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• 1. "Boy Hormones" are a big reason why i dont want boys! I dont "do well" with that.. Even when I was young it annoyed me to walk in a guys room (friend or boyfriend) and see that..
    2. I dont think Id even think about my child having that until he was 15/16... I remember my sister had a poster of a guys crotch (he had on jeans, his top button was undone a bit), she was older but it still feels weird my parents allowed that.. lol..

Im a super sexual person, but I think it should be private.. attractive people on your walls is one thing.. but the skin is just a bit much.. I mean a girl can be in a small shirt & booty shorts (think britney spears/ jessica simpson) and they are just as sexy as bikini models that show many curves..
    Keep your room so granny can walk in without a heart attack! lol..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• not unless he wants to be washing his own sheets and scrubbing the walls as part of his chores
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Fine with it...
    He has a Texas Bikini team poster signed to him by the team. LOL
    He was 12 or 13. Had another bad one at 11.
    Aw..give in. They aren't naked and every guy I know has had a calender like that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am honestly not sure!! I have a son so I guess I better decide what my opinion is. I have no problem with nudity. The issue I have is that posters like that only show ONE form of beauty (skinny with big boobs, generally wearing something slutty.) I am hoping my son has a little bit more sophisticated tastes than that.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If my son was 10.. umm.. no!
    He's 17 so yea.. I don't care.
    He has one poster up of a girl wearing jeans but no top but you only see her back. Not overtly erotic, but definitely suggestive. It's all good though, he sees more "back" at the beach. LOL
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• 8, even 10 seems a little young. 14 or so, I'd be okay with.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010