My 2 week old's belly looks swollen, should I be concerned?

PrincessSmasher

Asked by PrincessSmasher at 7:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I would be concerned. It could be something, it could be nothing. But its better to be safe than sorry and go ahead and give the doctor a call. If they are not in the office, do they have an on call doctor that could be paged and if not, I would take the baby in to urgent care to get checked.
    Take temp. Is baby acting normal?Is the belly hard or soft?Does it seem like the babies belly is tender to the touch?
    They are probably going to ask you all of these things and more.
    I wouldnt freak out about it or anything..but really, I myself would be concerned and its worth looking into.
    Good Luck..Hope baby is okay and feeling fine :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well first know if he is urinating properly and moving his bowels regularly... Tap hid belly with your fingers to hear if it sounds hollow he may be gassy Ithere way I would take him to the dr... As a first time mom at the begining I ran to the dr for everything better safe then sorry Good Luck
    Angiemommy2one

Answer by Angiemommy2one at 7:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yes call the pediatrician and tell him. This can mean alot of different things small and big. Your baby is to young to guess and wait.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would always call the Dr. when you have any concerns with a baby, esp. so young. I remember w/my first born, I was home abt 1 hr and I was on the pho w/the pediatrian. I feel it's better to be safe than sorry, and that's what he's there for, and getting paid for. Hope the baby's OK.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My husband and I thought our daughter's belly looked swollen, but my mom said it was normal. Maybe ask another mom that can actually see your baby's belly in real life.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yup just in case its not a small matter
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:25 AM on Sep. 11, 2010