how do i get my almost three year old potty trained

He wants to use undies and potty but only whenhes feeling like it and he says hes still a baby and want a pamper and i tell him hes a big boy an dbig boys can do mmore things and have more fun and they dont smell cause he hates for his pamper to be dirty i clap and cheer him on and i even tell him woody and buzz are cheering for he gets excited but it never last

Angiemommy2one

Asked by Angiemommy2one at 7:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some answers are given here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• For my son, pullups didn't help at all. When I could tell he was ready, I put him in real underwear. I also had a small gumball machine and a potty chart. Everytime he went on the potty he got a gum and a sticker for the potty chart. In one week, he was trained!
    danirose408

Answer by danirose408 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Toss the diapers. Tell him you ran out.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• He just may not be ready yet. My son was like 39 months when he finally decided to start going on the potty all the time. One day, I just said to him "You are a big boy now, we're not wearing diapers anymore, okay?" He said "Okay mom". That very day I took him to the store and let him pick out his own big boy underoos. He has not had an accident since! You just can't force it. I am trying to remind myself of this with my just turned 3 year old daughter who wants nothing to do with peeing on the potty.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• my DD just turned 3, she will use undies and go on the potty with no accidents when she wants to, other times she throws a fit cause she wants a pull up on (we have em for bed time), other times she will litter ally climb to where ever i have the pull ups stashed to get one and put it on just to pee in it, instead of going on the potty. she went 3 days straight with no accidents, we went to walmart and every where, she even used public bathrooms, today i cant get her to take the pull up off, i also have a 1 year old so i think that may have something to do with it
    Aranna

Answer by Aranna at 10:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Bribe... for my oldest, we bribed him with cool dinosaur underwear. My youngest, chocolate milk, if he did not go in his pants. We tried the cool underwear, but he did not care if he was dirty. He cared or needed anything chocolate... Evrey child will have a weak spot, just figure out a healthy option as a bribe.
    Lori S.

Answer by Lori S. at 12:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010