I do not want my Landlord coming to my baby shower???

I live in a condo and have to get my landlord to sign a paper for the party room.(since he is the owner I am the tenant) We have to pay for the $275 deposit and are responsible if something breaks, etc.
I dont want him and his family to come. They are the type of people that would be making me feel like they are watching. They freak out if we say we will come to pay the rent at 9pm. They will call us at 9:10pm freaking out like we moved out and just left. They make me feel uncomfortable completely around them and they would make me feel uncomfortable if they came. oh, they still live in the same complex. I have to have my party in this party room.

My Question: How do I politely not invite them? How do I word it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why would they go? it's a baby shower. most men wouldn't want to go to that anyway and if they showed up i would say oh, you weren't on the list and i don't have enough food to go around.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Why on earth would they want to come? Just tell them that it's friends and family only.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would thank them for cooperating with you as you want to have a very private and personal shower with your family. Otherwise it really isn't their business and if they do show up kindly explain that is a very personal event and you would be more than happy to discuss and business matters with them after you have seen your guests home. This is the kindest way you can remind them that you have a business relationship with them and let them subtely know they aren't welcome in your private affair.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 7:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If you are paying that much to have your party in the complex, why not move it to a resturant or something. You could get dinner, a party room and dinner for less than you are paying for your room and then no worries of having your landlord there.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would tell them it is a small private gathering of just family and close friends. They have to respect that and if they do come announce that it is just that landlord who will be quietly doing maintanence work...LOL. Personally from my own experience, when me and my husband got married my landlady had us a very nice and pretty afghan embroidered with our names and wedding date. It was a very thoughtful and nice gift. She lived next door and I could not have asked for a better landlady! Good Luck and the restaurant idea sounds good except you dont get the deposit back :(
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• tell them that you are sorry and how they makes you feel.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 9:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Considering you are RENTING the place from him he isnt invited without your say so. He can't just show up.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010