I am at my wits end with my toddler! PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a 2 yr old girl & it seems that her favorite words are: "NO" & "MINE". I tried being patient, calm, redirecting, time-outs & it seems like nothings working. She wont sit still during dinner time, when I get mad & put her back in her chair she cries. She screams and runs away from me during her diaper changes. I praise her for good behavior but that doesnt help. I also have a 8 mos old baby & I am doing my best to juggle both, get Chores done, etc. At the end of the day I am exhausted for anything else! My DD was never this bad, she was always helpful and obedient, so this behavior is just recent & I am not sure why shes acting this way. I feel so overwhelmed that I am begging my husband to hire a nanny or a sitter for me to keep my sanity! IDK what to do.. Could it be the new baby? Please help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pick ONE discipline method and be consistent. You can't switch up...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's probably jealousy over the baby. Can you try spending more time one on one with her each day? I take 30 minutes each day to dedicate JUST to my daughter (also 2) now that we have a new baby in the house. It seems to help a little. My little girl is behaving EXACTLY the same way, so I can totally sympathize. I just had to come home from the library before I could get what I needed there because she wouldn't listen and then threw a HUGE fit when I made her stand by me :( Just keep being consistant and try to give her some individual attention if you can swing it. It will get better (or at least that's what I tell myself lol)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• welcome to the terrible 2's all we mothers talk about...and hate. it's just something you'll have to deal with, and discipline, constantly. from time outs to swats on the hand and/or butt, whatever you decide, keep it up. don't let her walk all over you and don't back down. we do warnings 3 warnings and they're in time out, if they're in time out 3 times and that doesn't work, they get a spanking. ds is 3, dd is 2, all i really have to say is "do you want to go to time out?" and that normally straightens them up. since dd is 2 she's still pressing the buttons, so she does get spankings now and then, but ds is pretty good, he sometimes needs a time out, it really depends on what mood he's in. in one of those crabby moods, he doesn't like listening, but the time outs work for him...now :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• part othe the terrible 2's, my oldest DD is 3 and she seems to be getting a lil better at it
    Aranna

Answer by Aranna at 10:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010