What is Beth EI ? ( Christian denomination I think)

I have asked this question on two religious groups and we can't find any info on this religion. My brother is of this religion and I am just curious. Here is what I know, he believes in Jesus but his church also celebrates Jewish holidays.
So is there anyone here who is of the faith? I think it is spelled either Beth EI (i) or Beth EL (l). I'm not sure. But it is not Bethel, I checked that already and I did go to religoustolerance.org and wikipedia and there is no information. I even check the cult and occult sections.

FishingMama

Asked by FishingMama at 8:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I found this in a basic Yahoo search:
    http://www.dvrbs.com/Camden-religion/CamdenNJ-CongregationBethEl.htm
    I'm running off to cook dinner but plan to read the rest later, sounds interesting. Good luck!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Sounds like a Messianic Jewish church. I belong to a non-denominational church but I visit a church called Beth David. Google - Beth El Messeniac Synagogue and the city it's in. If they have a website ths will pull it up.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• oops wrong spelling for Messianic.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Krisr, I found that too, but it isn't it. Bonn it isn't Jewish because he believes in Jesus. I understand this is very confusing. I did find a lot of synagogues with similar names also. I am hoping a member from this church will respond. And thank you two for responding so quickly lol.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 8:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It's definitely jewish, just not sure exactly what.. I will keep searching
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• OOh Or I found this...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethel
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• There are Jews who believe in Jesus.. that's why it's a messianic synagogue.. I did google it but i don't know what town it's in.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Okay I also found something Lutheran....I think I need to know what church he attends.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Beautiful mama, maybe my brother is Jewish and isn't telling us, but he is ALWAYS sending me Jesus emails, lol. (eehh emm you got me addicted to the Answers section here lol)
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 8:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am not Jewish.. many Messianic Synagogues are very diverse... the one i attend here have African Americans, whites, asians, arabs, native american indians, indians from india etc.. it's really cool..

There is a Beth El messianic synagogue in New York and Ohio ... again not sure where you're at.. google it with the city and you will probably pull it up
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008