Pregnancy Belly - A Vain Question

Now bear with me. I want to know if you are only slightly overweight (my measurements are 45 bust, 35 waist, 45 hips) and -extremely- curvy, is it still possible to have that beautiful pregnancy belly later in the pregnancy? I know this sounds vain, but I am already very self-conscience and I have low self-esteem, so I would like to know so I can prepare myself mentally in case I only ending up looking chubbier and not "happy and pregnant". Please be kind with your answers. Thank you.

yuisaito

Asked by yuisaito at 6:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I feel ya honey...I have gone through that too. with all pregnancies I feel you go through a "fat" stage, the stage where it is hard to tell if you are pregnant or just chunky...but don't worry that belly will soon have a mind of its own. I am not extremely overwieght but I am overweight a bit, I had pregnancy pictures taken with my first son and they turned our beautiful. But beware of some maternity clothes...I am 29 weeks preg now and just tried to find a dress to wear to a wedding, even though I have quite the baby belly now, I just looked huge in most things I tried, finally I found something that looked great and went with it. Some clothes were not meant for pregnant bellies even though the maternity store sells them...lol.
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• it is all about what clothes you wear. find something that is form fitting, and show off your curves, and your belly will surely look pregnant not chubby. i am built the same way. Plus try to stay away from salt during pregnancy, it tends to bloat you and make you look bigger than you really are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I think all preggo women are beautiful...so do alot of men. Your measurements prior to pregnancy are smaller than Marilyn Monroe!!! You will look fab ..pregnant! Enjoy it and take some cute pix.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• This is your time to eat and be happy. Yes I know it's hard to gain weight and see your body change everyday. Trust me I gained 75lbs. and I was on bed rest for 4 months. Just to let you know I'm smaller now with him being 2yrs. and 9 months. LOL... Enjoy yourself and fix up daily. After baby however workout. It took some time but it came off quick. You are growing a baby and you are beautiful no matter what. Soon you will be a mom running like the wind, LOL.... Don't worry ....
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i Thought the same thing. your measurement are really close to mine. I dont want to look fat and not pregg. Just walk some night a week is what i do and i eat like MAD CRAZY now. my hubby told me i look the same but my tummy is getting harder from the baby. But we are beautiful. And no matter how we look our babies will love us.
    SpiffyMom

Answer by SpiffyMom at 3:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It depends on your body... I'm 'average' & my belly was AWESOME the first time. This is my 2nd pregnancy & I swear I've gained weight in my arms and face, which didn't happen last time! :( Do a little exercise to keep the extra fat from gathering in any unwanted places & buy some cute maternity shirts. Dressing frumpy will make you FEEL frumpy... so enjoy it! :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Thank you everyone! I feel a lot better now. When I start needing to buy maternity clothes, I will definately remember all of this great advice. I'm really glad I joined this site. This is my first pregnancy, so I'm a little nervous. Thank you all for helping me feel a lot calmer about it. <3s!
    yuisaito

Answer by yuisaito at 12:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2008