How has your religion or belief changed you for the better?

Have you learned to be humble, forgive, love, give and be thankful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well before I met my husband I was a catholic, and unfortuanetly the catholic church I went to never taught me that I needed to accept Christ into my heart and Be forgiven through him and not ask a priest for forgiveness. I didnt know of salvation or a transformation.. I cant imagine my life without Christ the way i know him now... I have been saved
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 8:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It has taught me to be very humble and forgiving. Once I let Christ in my life things changed and I know i could not have done it on my own. I understood that I had to die to my flesh and the worldly pleasures. I see things different every day. I feel joy too because of the Holy Spirit within me. :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Definitely for the better... I focused on having a relationship and not being a part of a religion. I decided to be a Christ follower and live in a way that people would see Christ in me. I'm not perfect and yeah I still mess up but I'm so different than the way I was before. God brought me along ways and out of alot of things.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Well, it has shown me that I am a powerful woman. I control my life and my future. It has taught me to look past the outer apperiences of things and look to the spirit... It has taught me that every person, animal and plant have a soul or spirit and that they are all just as sacred as the others... I have learned a respect for nature as well as my fellow man. It has given me the want to help others in every way I can... I have a personal relationship with the Mother Goddess... I consider her my daughter, my sister and my mother... And I love her as my friend. She has taught me that we are all family and all equil regardless of race, age, sex or religion...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Well, I have always been a very open minded, caring, compassionate individual. But when I found out about Gnostism, I was able to HEIGHTEN to qualities I already had because I realized my importance to God. And to relearn that there is a Mother God, obviously being a woman it's nice to know that there is a feminine side to God. I've become more sure of who I am, why I'm here, and how to live a happier life. After 20+ years of depression, I was able to understand that what I had been feeling was real and that I could have an intimate relationship with Mother and Father God here on the Earth plane, just as I do when I'm totally in spirit.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• When I came to realize that Jesus Christ is who He claimed to be -- it transformed my life. I knew if Jesus was truly God come as man and He came to open the gates of Heaven---that it had to impact my life to the very core. I was transformed into a person of love, compassion, great forgiveness, and humility. On the "outside" my partying & drinking came to stop. My world views changed as did my selfishness. I am so humbled and amazed at what God has done in my life since I was a nineteen year old extreme feminist:-) (That is not meant to be an attack:-). But He transformed my life. I am eternally grateful. I have a long ways to go, but I know a love and peace I never had before.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I watched as Jesus also transformed my 14 year old son from an angry young man into an incredible--amazing--young man. I have never known anyone like him and I am truly humbled for what Jesus Christ has done and continues to do in his life. I was graced to be part of his life journey but I certainly wasn't the center point--Jesus Christ is and the people He put in my son's life. It is truly amazing to me.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have learned alot, to die to my flesh,love,stop talking about people, Giving, I know there is someone that has my back when im down or need time (Jesus Christ). Also he as found me the love of my life and I dont go to clubs or look for guys I have one guy that loves the lord and my and our family very much :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i have been through many things in my life that could have literally destroyed me. if it wasnt for my spiritual beliefs, and my relying on God to get me through it, i would not be in the place i am today. i learned about how to be forgiving to those who hurt me, i learned how to shift my focus from myself to something more reliable (God), i learned how to make better choices that wouldnt get me in those situations to begin with, and i learned how to treat other people. there is so much more to add, but that is the basics of it. and because of learning these things, i learned how to take the situations and circumstances in my life that the devil meant to destroy me, and i let Him take control to turn it into His Glory!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have learned to take control of who I am. I am a very strong woman. I have learned to respect every aspect of life. Respect for all things that are a manifestation of Mother Earth. I have learned to know when to be the warrior and when to be the peacemaker. I have learned through my practice to look at a persons heart and there you will see their true spirit.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2008