How do you flavor beans for burritos or nachos?

I love bean burritos and nachos at places like Chipotle's restaurant, but I have no idea how to flavor them myself, I would like to make my nachos more healthy by adding beans so I either add plain nasty beans or I try to flavor them in some way that turns out gross, like mixing them with salsa or taco seasoning. Any ideas? I'm a vegetarian so please no recepies where you flavor them with meat.

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I uses garlic powder, a little finely minced onion, a little cumin or chili powder. If my husband wants heat I add a bit of red chili paste or dried cayenne.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had chili powder or cummin seasoning...if you want sweet ones you can add water and brown sugar, or I've even heard of people who add a small amount of grape jelly.
    If you're having burritos, I would personally put a small amount of chili powder in when I cook and add onions and red/green peppers.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• cumin, garlic, onion, sea salt, olive oil, diced jalapeno

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I always sautee onions, green and red peppers, and garlic in some evoo. Then add the beans and some cumin and oregano and cook for a few minutes. If you like it more wet, you can add a little water and tomato sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes. This works with black and kidney beans. YUM!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2010