1 year old pooping after every meal..?? help!

My son is literally pooping after every meal and or bottle. We took him to the ER, they took stool samples, etc. He is fine! No other symptoms at all. They are waiting for the results of the cultures. We've done everything the doctors suggested-switched milk, BRAT diet, clear liquids only, etc. Still pooping!! Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• is it diarreah? my son did that when he was very small.... he was lactose intolerant. the second one did that when he was bigger (1yo) and i found out he can't eat or drink anything with grapes in it (grape juice, raisins, grapes, etc.). so i would think it's something in his diet.... you just have to find out what.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Unless it is diarrhea, it is perfectly NORMAL. It means his digestive system is functioning properly. I'm not sure what point it became abnormal to move one's bowels after a meal.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would think as long as hes healthy and gaining weight then its normal.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We should all poop after every meal and first thing in the morning. Unless it's diahrea it's fine.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010