I need something to

Help cut back the weeds in my garden. It can't have any chymicals in it. We eat what's in my garden. So it's got be all natural.

elly25

Asked by elly25 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You just gotta pull them by hand...if you do it regularly, like weekly, it isn't too bad.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Ditto what getrealmama says....back breaking, mind numbing hand weeding is the only chemical free weeder that is effective.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• DH weeds well by hand (or hoes between plants if possible), then mows and spreads the clippings thick around the plants. Doing the same thing with newspapers is supposed to work, but we've never tried it - DH prefers the grass.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I loathe pulling weeds.lol! It's never ending.
    elly25

Comment by elly25 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• have you tried putting grass clippings all around the plants, it should work by keeping the sun from the weeds. my dad did this when my sister and i had sports and jobs and couldn't weed the garden for him any longer : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Newspaper works as a weedblock same as grass clippings and like grass clippings (only good at weed block if it hasn't gone to seed at all) will break down and be beneficial to the soil.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2010