I want to home school my pre schooler. Where is a good place to start? I have no idea about teaching. I feel with my daughters personality that she might not do well in regular school.

nessy1980

Asked by nessy1980 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would wait and see how she does in school before making your final decision. But if you're sure, then talk to the school she would go to about your home schooling options, or talk to some moms in your area who home school.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• What type of personality does your daughter have? I agree with Sarah's advice.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:33 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you are interested in home schooling, get in touch with local home schoolers and join groups to help you out.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• is there a parent/teacher aide store in your area? And why do you think she wouldn't do well in school? Let her try.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• at this age... there isn't much about teaching that you need to know... kids learn so much through play... but you have to interact with them... a trip to the grocery store can teach shapes, colors... the difference between fruits and veggies... hard/soft... cold/hot... even money, counting, etc... basic letter and number recognition as well.
    you'll be fine if you start thinking about how every day activites can be learning time for her... and instead of "teaching" her you "let her learn"...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010