Is Lysol safe to clean my 3 mo. old's toys with?

If Lysol is not safe. What is?

S0CalM0mma0503

Asked by S0CalM0mma0503 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no use hot water 10 cups and 1 cup of clorox to clean them if is a fluffy thing you can not use bleach on put it in a zip loc bag and in the freezer for 3 days or if it can tolerate it on the drier on high heat for an hour
    I did learn something from fly lady :)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Are you tring to just clean or disinfect?

to clean just use a baby wipe or hot water
    to disinfect use hydrogen peroxide in place of lysol, what I do is buy an empty spray bottle, fill it with hydrogen peroxide, and when I need to clean anything my son may touch, like his toys, his high chair, even cabinets, I just use that instead.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Actually, 10% bleach water is the best at killing germs, because it kills all kinds, and it's affordable. Rinse items off after the solution is used.
    Spunky57

Answer by Spunky57 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I hate Lysol personally, I think it stinks and I would not want it on my children's toys. I clean plastic things in a tub of hot water with a little bleach, leave them in there a few minutes, swish, and let dry. Fabric toys I washed in the washer on gentle in a lingerie bag, even if the directions say not to machine wash. I figured if a toy is going to fall apart in the washer then it was not meant to be in our household.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• no Lysol. Use the bleach solution suggested above. I believe it even says on the can of Lysol not to use it on toys.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• you can use vinegar water. it is non toxic. just put some in a spray bottle with water.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• also, try not to get too crazy cleaning things...germs are good for the babies.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If my dog steals toys and takes them out the dog door into the dog run, they go in the dishwasher. Otherwise I just use hot water or vinegar/water mix, or dish soap and water.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would say no try a lil warm bleach water.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2010